This is one of the fabrics printed with various Thermofax screens, quilted and cut to size.
All of the pieces here are ready for assembly and I managed to incorporate some of my stash of leather inherited from my Dad who was a surgical boot maker.
I used Lisa Lam's bag making book which is full of very useful tips on how to deal with the various stages of construction and her website to order the necessary fastenings.
I am very pleased with the result. It was fun to make and I only broke two leather needles in the process! The fabric I used was a cotton moleskin, which is quite sturdy and ideal for purpose but when there are several folded edges brought together the seams are quite bulky to stitch.
The lining and pockets are made from several different printed fabrics and a couple of pockets removed from a pair of jeans.
The group exhibition last weekend was a great success and when I visited most of the group were there so a photograph was called for!
As you can see it was popular exhibition. Doris here is proudly showing her chess pieces and board which was one of her assessment pieces for the City & Guilds course for which she was awarded a Highly Commended.
I hope to see some of you this weekend at my students' exhibition and for those of you who live many miles away, I will share some photos soon.
Have a good weekend and thanks for visiting.